Over 20 years ago, I made my first batch of toffee from a friend's family recipe. The bottom of the recipe read: "Warning: Don't make on a rainy day." Curious as to how the rain would affect the toffee, I called for clarification. My friend assured me the weather had no impact on the quality of the toffee, but was more an issue of self control when stuck indoors on a rainy Northwest afternoon. Thousands of toffee batches and rainy afternoons later, island treats was born.
island treats has expanded to include chocolate salted caramels, marshmallows, and various seasonal treats.
Interesting tidbits that contribute to the deliciousness of our products:
- We use Smith Brothers Dairy for our butter and cream. Local cows...delicious caramels!
- We use only Guittard chocolate, a Rainforest Certified provider of the highest quality chocolate
- Sea salt from San Juan Island tops our Chocolate Salted Caramels
- 2 Bar Bourbon from SODO in Seattle flavors our Bourbon Pecan Toffee
Tidbits that have absolutely nothing to do with the deliciousness of our products but that might be interesting:
- All our cellophane is certified compostable and produced right down the road in Portland, OR.
- Our boxes are made in the USA of recycled materials and are 100% recyclable.
- We recycle and compost 90% of our production waste
We hope you enjoy your treats!